BLC Community Bank offers several styles of checking accounts. Choose the type that fits your needs.
- No monthly service charge and no minimum balance requirement
- Unlimited check writing
- Online/Mobile Banking
- Bill Pay (click here to learn more)
- BLC Debit card - a card to access your account wherever MasterCard is accepted
- Free ATM card with no transaction fees assessed by BLC¹
- Overdraft protection available
- Free VISA TravelMoney® Cards¹
- Direct Deposit
- $25 minimum deposit required to open an account
Carefree Interest Checking
All the features of our Carefree Checking plus:
- Earn 0.20% Annual Percentage Yield (APY*) interest with a $500.00 minimum daily balance.
- If your balance falls below the minimum daily requirement during a statement period, a $5.00 service charge will be assessed.
Receive all the features of Carefree Checking plus earn interest and refunds on non-BLC ATM fees up to $10.
How to qualify for InterestPlus Checking
- Receive E-Statements
- Have at least 12 debit card transactions post and clear
- Have at least one direct deposit or ACH deposit
What are the benefits?
- 3.00% Annual Percentage Yield* on balances up to $20,000
- 0.10% Annual Percentage Yield* on balances over $20,000
- Up to $10 per month max refund on non-BLC ATM fees (foreign)
If qualifications are not met during the statement period then 0.02% Annual Percentage Yield (APY*) applies to all balances. All qualifications must be met per statement period to receive benefits.
Which account is right for me?
|Unlimited Check Writing|
|Free Transactions at ATM Access Locations (Third Party Rates may apply)|
|Free VISA TravelMoney® Cards (Third Party Rates may apply)|
|Overdraft Protection Available|
|Qualifications to Earn Interest (Per Statement Period)|
|Minimum Balance to Obtain APY||$0||$500|
|Earns Interest*||Up to 3.00% APY ³||0.20% APY|
|Number of Debit Card Transactions||12|
|Refund on Non-BLC ATM Fees (Foreign)||Up to $10|
|Direct Deposit / ACH Requirement|
|Service Charge||$5 ²|
*Rates are current as of 2/13/2020
¹ Third Party Rates may apply.
² Carefree Interest Checking - If your balance falls below the minimum daily requirement of $500.00 during a statement period, a $5.00 service charge will be assessed.
³ InterestPlus Checking – To receive benefits on your checking account you must: Receive E-Statements, have at least 12 debit card purchases post and clear, and have at least one direct deposit or ACH deposit. All qualifications must be met per statement period to receive benefits. Fees may reduce earnings.
3.00% Annual Percentage Yield on balances up to $20,000 • 0.10% Annual Percentage Yield on balances over $20,000 • 0.02% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) applies to all balances if qualifications are not met during the statement period.
Important To Remember...
- If you currently have a Carefree Checking or Carefree Interest checking account and want to switch to InterestPlus, new disclosure documents are required.
- Your 12 monthly transaction will need to POST and CLEAR by the last day of the statement period to meet InterestPlus qualifications. Timing of transactions is dependent on the merchant and may take additional days to post and clear. Items cannot post or clear on non-business days; weekends or federal holidays.
ATM Refund Example: If you use your ATM card on the 5th day at a foreign ATM and have 12 posted/cleared transaction on the 10th day of your statement period you will receive a refund on the 10th day. If your first ATM transaction posts after the 10th day, you'll receive your refund same day.
- InterestPlus Checking is designed for active debit card users with up to $20,000 in their account. We offer additional accounts such as a Savings Account, Money Market or CD that also earn interest.
Please feel free to contact us at (920) 788-4141 or fill out our Contact Us form for further information.