Economic Impact Payment Stimulus Checks
The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department began delivering a second round of Economic Impact Payments on March 17, 2021.
According to the IRS, the initial direct deposit payments may begin arriving as early as the 17th for some and will continue into next week.
"In general, most people will get $1,400 for themselves and $1,400 for each of their qualifying dependents claimed on their tax return. As with the first two Economic Impact Payments in 2020, most Americans will receive their money without having to take any action. Some Americans may see the direct deposit payments as pending or as provisional payments in their accounts before the official payment date of March 17.
Because these payments are automatic for most eligible people, contacting either financial institutions or the IRS on payment timing will not speed up their arrival. Social Security and other federal beneficiaries will generally receive this third payment the same way as their regular benefits. A payment date for this group will be announced shortly."
Wondering when your stimulus check will be deposited into your account? Here is some information you should know:
- BLC Community Bank receives deposits from the Federal Reserve once per day at 9 am. Please avoid repeated checking of online and mobile banking throughout the day as it can overwhelm the system and lead to downtimes (this goes for all banking institutions).
- Take advantage of BLC's SecureAlerts to be notified when the deposit is made into your account. To do this, login to Online Banking and click on Alerts. Select Alert Options > Transaction > ACH Deposit (credit) transaction and choose how you would like to be notified.
- Take a minute to also turn on Broadcast Alerts (under Other) so we can keep you posted about important holiday or weather related hours changes.
- You can also visit www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment for information regarding the status of your stimulus payment.
* Information current as of March 17, 2021.